George Washington's Mount Vernon is committed to providing exceptional customer service to all guests who visit us. Get an overview of the many services and accessibility options available at Mount Vernon.
- Parking is free
- Designated accessible parking spaces are available at the front of all our parking lots.
- For visitors with limited mobility we suggest taking advantage of the curbside drop-off area on the traffic circle and nearby benches. Transportation is not provided between the parking lots & the main entrance to the Estate.
- The accessible route to our main entrance gate is equipped with hand rails, intermediate landings and is located on the far left hand side path.
- Ford Orientation Center & Donald W. Reynolds Museum & Education Center are fully accessible
- Historic area
- The most accessible path to the house is located along the north lane
- The first floor of the Mansion is accessible
- Please be aware our historic area has many areas with uneven terrain and steep inclines
- Sightseeing cruises are provided by partner company boats, which may or may not be accessible to those with different needs, depending on weather, equipment & tides. Please inquire on the day of your visit for more specific accessibility information.
- Seasonal Shuttle Busses are available to the wharf, Pioneer Farm Site, & Gristmill & Distillery and will drop off and pick up at the edge of the Historic area. The Shuttle does not go directly to the Mansion or any of the historic sites. (April-October) Our Shuttles are equipped with a wheelchair lift and can accommodate up to 2 wheelchairs.
- The Mount Vernon Inn is accessible through the gift shop during open hours or through the bar entrance in the evening.
- Motorized electric scooters used as mobility devices are welcome on the Estate. Please contact us about the use of other mobility devices on the Estate.
Wheelchair & Walker Checkout
- Standard, non-motorized wheelchairs and wheeled walkers are available free of charge inside the Ford Orientation Center on a first come, first-served basis.
- Our Shuttles are equipped with a wheelchair lift and can accommodate up to 2 wheelchairs.